The AnaLysis of Insurer Risk Trends (ALIRT) Service
The ALIRT Service, designed for Insurance Distributors, Institutional Buyers, Asset Managers, and Advisors, quantitatively assesses the financial condition of life, property & casualty, and health insurance companies, and alerts clients to the development of positive and negative trends that impact the financial performance of individual insurers relative to their peers and broad insurance industry benchmarks.
The ALIRT service consists of quarterly customized reports for each client which include the following:
ALIRT Analyses on U.S.-based insurance companies
- Annual and quarterly customized reports detailing ALIRT scoring trends (0-100)
- Modeling 5 year trends using 50 key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Industry composites are used to compare insurers from any sector
- ALIRT uses weights and benchmarks embedded in our proprietary model
5-Year Trend Pages for each peer company, providing more detailed analytics
- Concise financial trends in Investments, Operating Performance, Liability & Reserve Analyses and Product Lines
- We let the numbers do the talking in an apples-to-apples set of comparisons.
Executive summary written commentary that details the current financial performance of underperforming companies
Each quarter, special, focused, written analyses of underperforming companies within a client’s universe of carriers for management review
ALIRT qualitative credit ratings
ALIRT Insurance Research issues confidential, independent, credit ratings on Life insurers for the internal due diligence of fiduciaries. Unlike public credit rating agencies, insurance companies do not compensate ALIRT Insurance Research for issuing ratings which eliminates possible conflicts of interest and bias. Any U.S. Life insurer a client requests can be rated.
Property & Casualty Tearsheets and Premiums By Line By State Breakouts
- For each property & casualty company analyzed we include a “Tearsheet,” co-designed with distributor clients to be used as a concise presentation of the ALIRT Analysis results at point of sale.
- The Premium By Line By State Breakout provides a pictorial view of the different business lines and states/territories in which an insurer is writing its direct and net written premium.
Due diligence/research supportFull access to the ALIRT Research staff for due diligence/research support
Customized screens for client’s proprietary use
Customized screens for client’s proprietary use which is often encoded in an ALIRT client’s Standard Operating Procedures for Insurer Due Diligence.
As a “quick look” at quarterly industry sector results, ALIRT synopsizes Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) on each industry sector containing fast infographic results and trends with a very brief written description of results. The full written quarterly reviews usually follow in a few days.
Quarterly macro financial reviews
Quarterly financial reviews of the relevant insurance industry sector.